Common symptoms of heart disease include:
- Chest pain, chest pressure, chest tightness
- Pain in other parts of the body – jaw, neck, arms, back, upper abdomen
- Shortness of breath, reduction in exercise capacity, wheeze “lack of fitness”
- Palpitations, feeling or a racing heart, missed or skipped beats.
- Fainting, blackouts, dizziness.
- Anxiety, feeling of impending doom.
- Lethargy, tiredness, fatigue, weakness
- Nausea, lack of appetite
- Leg swelling, weight gain
This is however not an exhaustive list of symptoms. Furthermore, these symptoms can also occur due to other conditions. It is therefore important not to “self diagnose”. If you suffer from any of these symptoms, a review by a medical doctor is strongly suggested to evaluate for possible heart disease.
In case of emergency (in Australia) dial 000.